The largest of the Club’s function rooms, the David Lloyd George Room can seat up to 140 people for lunches and dinners and up to 200 for conferences, talks and presentations. Originally designed as the Club’s Grill Room, it still has two enormous original Victorian grill mountings, which gives it much of its character, and is decorated throughout with Alfred Waterhouse’s distinctive tilework.
The room was named in honour of Liberal Prime Minister David Lloyd George, who had lodged in the Club in the 1890s. Lloyd George also made extensive use of the Grill Room, including when he hosted a dinner there in 1905 to mark Winston Churchill’s defection to the Liberal Party. A copy of Felix Weiss’ 1935 bust of Lloyd George is to be found by the window.
The Lloyd George Room hosts several of the Club’s larger functions and is fully equipped with a wide variety of AV facilities (and a grand piano) and is available for private hire.