Founded in 1807 as The Commercial Reading Rooms, The Chester City Club is one of only a few surviving traditional clubs still located in their original premises. In fact, there are only twelve clubs in existence in this country (excluding Scotland) whose foundation dates back earlier. Situated in the secluded St Peter’s Church Yard, opposite the stunningly refurbished and highly recommended Commercial Hotel, The Club offers a quiet oasis in the city for members to dine and relax.
Founded in 1787, this club is centrally situated, with an unbroken view over Princes Street Gardens and to Edinburgh Castle.
Facilities include dining room, billiards/snooker, private dining, reception and meeting facilities, reading room, squash court and terrace. Closed Sundays and on public holidays.
Established in 1919, the Royal Scots Club was founded as a memorial to the members of the Regiment who gave their lives in the Great War. For many years it was exclusively a Regimental Club, but has since opened its doors to a wider membership. It is situated in one of Edinburgh’s finest Georgian Streets in the heart of the City, a few minutes walk from Princes Street and Waverley Railway Station.
Founded 1920 as a gentlemen’s club by officers who had served in WW1,“in order to perpetuate the memory of those who fell, and to uphold the principles for which they died”. Now women can also be members and have full access to all the facilities. Located in a fine Queen Anne building with oak-panelled walls built in 1675 (contemporary with the nearby castle) in the city centre. Closed Sundays.
Founded 1825. Located very centrally near business centre, shops & theatres.
The Norfolk Club began as a dining Club in 1770 and the present premises were purchased in 1887. Situated in the city centre, between the castle and cathedral and only a short distance from the railway station. Closed Sundays.
Established in 1882 and located in the centre of Guildford. Closed Sundays and public holidays.
Founded in 1863 and located in the centre of Oxford, enjoying one of the best views of the city. Closed Sundays.
Established in 1857 and based in a grand old Victorian villa built for The Harrogate Club in 1886. Closed Weekends.