Established 1879. Facilities include bedrooms, bar & lounge, private meeting & dining rooms and snooker tables.
Founded 1863. Second-oldest club in New Zealand, the clubhouse is a registered Historic Places Trust building based near the sea, commercial centre, shops and theatres; only the billiard room remains of the original building, the present Clubhouse being built in 1906. Men only. Closed Sundays.
This Club is New Zealand’s oldest private club. Founded in 1841, it now owns an elegant seven-storey building on the same Terrace site as the previous two clubhouses, near the commercial centre, parliament, shops and theatres. The present building was opened in February 1990 by HRH The Duke of Edinburgh who is an Honorary member.
Founded 1869, the first New Zealand club to welcome ladies as full members. 4-storey quarrystone building originally designed as a hotel. Situated within walking distance of main shopping area, Aotea Centre and Devenport Ferry base. Closed weekends.
Established in 1872, a small Club in a fine wooden building resembling a large country homestead, it has an intimate and homely atmosphere.
Established in 1858 and housed since the 1870’s in a mansion built by one of the city’s founding fathers. Situated near the commercial centre, shops and theatres, the Club looks like a rather grand Scottish house complete with very homely furnishings and pictures.