NEW RECIPROCAL CLUB
The Real Club de Regatas de Santander is a recreational institution with its headquarters located in the Palacio de Pombo. The building, built in 1854 and renovated in 1870, was the palace of the Marqués de Casa Pombo, until 1899, when it became the headquarters from the Real Club de Regatas after being bought for 625,000 pesetas.
It has a private library for the use of its members. This library has about 8000 volumes and 18 periodicals, both regionally and nationally. The club organizes recreational activities, such as bingo, and is the headquarters of the Santander Municipal Chess School. In addition, artistic exhibitions are held regularly.