NEW RECIPROCAL CLUB
This cultural centre, also known as The Military Casino, was inaugurated in 1916 by King Alfonso XIII and has been used for entertainment and recreational purposes since then. It is a private non-profit association that promotes knowledge and cultural development (mainly focused on military history and culture and national defence), with different activities and spaces, such as gaming rooms and a fencing area, which also hosts conferences, congresses, concerts, and exhibitions.
There is also a restaurant open to the public. The Centro Cultural de los Ejércitos is one of the most original buildings on Madrid’s Gran Vía. The ground floor is particularly eye-catching, sumptuously decorated with a large skylight, stained glass windows and art nouveau lamps. It also has an important library specialising in military subjects with publications dating from the 16th and 17th centuries.